Sunday, March 6, 2011

Where Is Mr. Volstead?

Hi All,

Please make a note of this blog address: http://whereismrvolstead.blogspot.com.

This blog here is a pre-emptive measure now that a craven coward has decided to attack my blog. It doesn't matter that the music is public domain, all it takes for RS or MU to remove the links is one anonymous complaint.

Now, the sniveling coward has threatened to have Blogger shut me down.

Therefore, this blog will exist to let people know where the real blog is. Rest assured, the Page Mr. Volstead blog will continue to share this great (public domain) music from the Prohibition era (and the 30s-40s).

So please bookmark this blog address, or add it to the blogs you follow. If forced to move, I'm all set.

Cheers, and enjoy the music.

Chester Proudfoot

5 comments:

  1. Great idea! Thanks for making all this great music available!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, and contrary to your information, great many files from the Chronological Classic series have not been reposted on a different server and are thus unavailable (as they no longer are on Rapidshare). Could you somehow remedy to this? Thx in advance and keep up the good work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for the new link to the Wingy Manone 1936-7 album.
    I agree with littlegirlblue's comments about the many links that are still dead. I have a long list of CC albums I would like to have, but I am embarrassed to submit it, as I know how much time and effort must go into running blog like this.
    I will keep checking back every now and then to see if the situation has changed.
    Cheers from Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Listening to Wingy right now. Thanks for all the great music. I was wondering how I might contact you directly to ask a question but I suppose I can ask here. Are there any books on the subject of early 1900's jazz that you'd recommend? Looking around and finding a lot of books on Swing and New Orleans Jazz but I want to read all about Wingy, Fletcher Henderson, Chick Bullock, and the rest. Any info would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Many thanks for the Eddie Condon. Can you please repost the Lee Morse album ?? Thanks in advance or merci merci from
    this side of the pond. Roger.

    ReplyDelete